When Greetings Goes Beyond The Palm

WHEN A HANDSHAKE GOES BEYOND THE PALM!

What started as a friendly romance has turned to game of life and death. Few months ago month of June to be precise I went home for the Thanksgiving service of a friends fathers burial, I was asked to see Elder Edo'o Ndive aka Stroker by a colleague, a fellow crusader Daniel Obiora of Umueri project. To add him to our whatsApp group so that we will harmonise with him prior to our upcoming book launch.

After the service I met with Barr Jude Ekwenze and passed some message to him to Stroker but on a second thought I decided to go to his house to rub mind with him, getting to his house he was busy with group of peasants he is holding meeting with, I waited briefly for him to round up fortunately he was almost done with his congregation on my arrival. after they have done with the meeting we exchange pleasantries and he offered us seat as I went their with a friend Chinedu Udeawka (Charcile)

We talked about his UGA history committee which he was it chairman, we talked about Umueri oral history, we talked about the way forward. I relay the message of my group to him which is to work together in projecting Umueri history with one voice so that we will not contradict each other with our stories or books. While we were discussing Barr Jude Ekwenze alighted and joined us. In fact they were happy that I came. They told me that the draft of their own book was with Mike Udah for proof reading and editing I was happy with the development as I left his place excited.

A month later a research team approached Umueri project team whom I represent for interaction as they said they are doing research on igbo race, I was in lagos and I suggest that since UGA has a history committee which Stroker is it chairman that it's better we send them to him, Barr Ekwenze mobile number was given to them and they were communicating till the day they comes for the first time, money was sent for their refreshments and logistics from Umueri project team to Barr Ekwenze for the event.

32 hrs to the event we agreed on Umueri project platform that myself and Ebele Ifediora should come and supervised the event for our group, prior to the event which falls on Sunday I advice Barr that they should type and make photocopy of the presentation they intend presenting to the visitors to avoid repeat of what happened the day Nnamdi Kanu visited because I saw them running from pillar to pole looking for business center where they will print the document they want to give to Nnamdi Kanu, Unfortunately they did not do that.

I arrived Umueri from Lagos on the morning of the event and move straight to Strokers house, I met him in his house we exchange pleasantries I asked him about Barr Ekwenze? He said he event to church. I sat in his place for close to two hours I demanded for copy of the text he intends to deliver to our visitors he told me that he has it in his laptop, after spending good time with him I left for my house to take a little snap before the visitors comes, but I rarely reached home when Ebele Citizen called my phone that she is at Nnam Stroker place that the visitors said that they are at Nteje. I hurried back to Nnam stroker house where I met Barr Jude, his wife and Ebele, we all proceeded to the civic center venue of the occasion.

On getting to the civic center Ebele and Onyiye (Mrs Ekwenze) sweeps the hall while Barr and I arranged the chairs and table, drinks aghara and kola nut were sourced for with table water for refreshments. We were barely done when the visitors arrived and we moved straight to business of the day.

I moderated the event, after proper introduction we offered kola nut to the visitors and I handed over the microphone to Nnam Stroker. He made a wonderful presentation, and everyone was excited but during the questions and answers when the visitors asked him the family tree of the Dabawor he claimed to one of his of springs he failed to provide them with the answers, on five occasions same question was asked him but he ignores it and continue with the story of Oboli Nwa Onoja Nwa Achida, it boils down that when the situation is becoming embarrassing I have to open my phone and source out the information from my previous works and showed it to Nnam Stroker to continue from there but Shouted at me in presence of our guest saying that he will not tell what he don't know.

I was embarrass likewise the visitors whom are shock with what happened, after the incident I asked the audience if they have any other thing to ask as I will be bringing the event to conclusion, they repeated same question of Dabawor family tree to him but no answer. I now told the visitor that they will make a second missionary journey so that I will gather more elders and scholars alike that will do justice to what they want.we agreed that they will be back in two weeks time. The leader of the research team was in doubt if they will get what they want I told him that what they are looking for is with me in soft copy which I showed to him to satisfy his curiosity.

They left to Igwe Ben Emeks palace for refreshments while I move into the town to source for more details of what they actually want. I was referred to Hon Vincent Nwasi, Obeche Nwawuo(Minister) of blessed memory, Udah Congo, Nnam Peter Njo, Quelly Emeka of blessed memory, Mathias Aniukwu, Felix Aloefuna just to mentioned but few. The journey I intended spending one day stretch to five more days. My visit to Ugume was a revelation as I was taken to OKU OMAMBALA, Nri aka and discovery of Ajana Ukwu all in Ugume.

Nnam Hon Vin Nwasi happens to be of great help though he weren't around during the second missionary journey of our guests. While at home we were brainstorming on our platform as failure is not in our dictionary, after all the findings that Ebele and I did as she was coming all the way from Awka for the period of those days I stayed. We were set to go and decided to host the second event in inland town so that it will be convenient for our aged fathers whom braced the event. We decided collectively in our platform that Stroker has pays his dues and should pave way for others to contribute their part of the story. Hence the need to invite all the elders in within Enu obodo and Nneyi.

We our presentation and handed them a copy of the speech as take home for more proper documentation and goes into question and answers. Where our elders gave good accounts of our oral history. After the presentation we took them round to the historical sites of dabarwo forest, Nri aka and OKU Omambala in Ugume while at Nneyi we went to Aro shrine where the elders of Nneyi gives account of Aro oral history. They were entertain by Mr Peter Obiora the Pg of Nneyi at Cosmos Morah place.

From Nneyi they were taken to the palace of igwe Okoye to be given some historical documents by the crown Prince, at Otuocha they went to Omambala river for photo footage, after refreshments in otuocha they left to OWERRI same night.


Aftermath of the event was that I was called on phone the following morning by Stroker to demand why I hosted the reaserchers at inland town then I asked him why he should be asking me such question? He demanded why I should involve Minister in the event? I asked him if Minister is not his brother whether his own version of story would be different from that of Minister? He started shouting on me on phone calling me all manner of names and promised to deal with me.

Two days later he sent me an sms threats which I have established a complaint with the federal authority, few days later Chief Emma Adili questioned me regards the incidence and I explain things to him the way it were he asked me to forget it and go my normal business. On the 12th of November we had a meeting at Stella Marris invitation was extended to him Stroker instead of coming he hanged by the bus stop to monitor those that will attend, after the meeting he was at the bus stop telling some friend that he does not attend meeting of those that is disintegrating Umueri. When he was probe more on what he was saying he referred his early statement to me in fact when I comes close he was calling me names. I told him that it is enough for him or else he will loose the regards I have for him, he even raised his hand to beat me if not that he noticed that am ready to withstand him, it's then that he walked away calling me names.

To cap it all last Saturday I was notified that he reported me to the UGA that I diverted the researchers to Igwe Okoye palace. My take on all this I don't blame Stroker as he is not happy that he is not the one piloting the affair nor have grip on this one, on the other hand the much hype na ochi data Umueri has been demystified his so much hype story and data stuff is akuko -obuama. Much has been invested on his story to be translated to book by those that love Umueri and has good intention for Umueri but all is a wasted effort.

He said that he will deal with me! Am waiting for him to come on. Am not the lily levered type nor the type that will run away because he is ascribe to be a diabolical man. While growing up I have lived in hostile environments where my tribe is not welcome, where my religion is not acceptable. Yet I have been able to somount Racism and religious bigot and warmed myself to the heart of those that will ordinarily hate me because of where I comes from or because of my religious sect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unknown Youths From Nsugbe Attacks Umueri Project

INVASION BY NSUGBE YOUTHS SECOND TIME

San Tribe