Umueriland Today interview with Chief Chuma Nweke

UMUERILAND TODAY: Good day Sir, Please can you introduce yourself to our  reading public?


Chief Chuma Nweke: my name is Chief Charles Chukwuma Nweke Edochie (ONODUGO)  as you  know am a native of Umueri, am from Ekpe Iruadimone Nneyi Umueri  am married with kids  and also a business man based in onitsha.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Thank you Sir. We have heard much about you and your exploit in the business field, please let us know your major interest in the fourth coming UGA election?

Chief Chuma Nweke: my interest in the fourth coming UGA election is that am aspiring. To be the PG by the  grace of God  if elected my sole interest is Umueri  unity and peace  is all I want as a PG, and what am coming to do is based on common interest and you know what the common interest of Umueri people is all about.


UMUERILAND TODAY : You are from Ezi(Nneyi)and we learnt that the post of PG is zoned to Ezi?


Chief Chuma Nweke : yes the post of PG is zoned to Ezi Nneyi Umueri  só my Aspirations to be the PG is based on the zoning  because am from Ezi Nneyi Umueri



UMUERILAND TODAY :  Sir, Most of our audience would like to know why a petition was raised against your candidacy prior to the screening exercise?


Chief Chuma Nweke: it’s a pity that such petition could come from my opponents, the petition was  based on my school certificates which I have  equally submitted to them and it’s verifiable to the best of my knowledge. I believe they have verified and this is not my first time of contesting  an election based on the criteria of my school certificate, maybe the the person  that wrote the  petition is writing base on his  assumptions but you know “wishes are not horses” so it’s a thing of the past.




UMUERILAND TODAY : So Sir in your own words, What would you say are the reason why those petition was raised in the first place?


Chief Chuma Nweke:   I wouldn't know because am not the petitioner  I have told  you what he wrote, so am not with him neither did I discuss with them. So I wouldn’t know  why he wrote the petition but to the best of my knowledge Maybe to disqualify me or screen me out of the contest.




UMUERILAND TODAY: As an Insider in Umueri leadership circut, We will like to have a glimpse on how you intend to run the town Union if elected as the new PG?


Chief Chuma Nweke : if elected by His grace the running of my administration will be an all inclusive Goverment, what I mean is what ever I will do, will be the wishes of majority of Umueri  I will not rule against the majority, the fact  that am elected as a PG does not mean that I owned Umueri.


UMUERILAND TODAY: What will your leadership offer Umueri Town towards the encroachment of our land's by our neighbors in all front.


Chief Chuma Nweke: my leadership will offer Umueri people  their desired aim in that aspect with our neighboring communities, I have done that  before  when I was the VPG to late chief Henry jideani of (blessed memory) they knew how I went to Umuoba Anam I made history there and I was the first leader in Umueri to have  an agreement with Umuoba Anam people today. That where they are living  and building is Umueri and not Umuoba Anam and for no reason will that place be changed to Umuoba Anam, that is related to an Umuoba Anam person that built a house near the town hall. If elected as Umueri PG all our pending cases with our neighbors  I will make sure that umueri  come out of the matter without seeking for another of our land again.




UMUERILAND TODAY: How do you intend to relate with Umueri monarch and the state government if elected as PG by Ndi Umueri?


Chief Chuma Nweke: my  relationship with  Umueri mornach? I believe it’s not a hidden something i have been relating  cordially with our Royal father  and also am a member of the cabinet, in fact am one of his trusted cabinets member your question hads already been known and it’s just father and son running of administration.




UMUERILAND TODAY : if elected as the new PG! How do you intend to curb the menace of Care taker Govt (CTC) because we have observe that four month's to the end of every PG's tenure there is always a crisis that initiate CTC.


Chief Chuma Nweke: well the issue of CTC will not arise in this our matter now, because as you can see we are into  election period  the current executive  of UGA is on transit  by the  grace of God the election will be free and fair.




UMUERILAND TODAY : Sir Umueri is divided than ever before,  how do you intend to unite all the aggrieved camp if elected as the news PG?


Chief Chuma Nweke : This your question is already known, it’s in my manifestos presented  to the good people of Umueri. Everybody  knows that I don’t  have problem in Umueri, in my manifesto I said that I can even go down on my knees to everyone in umueri  to plead or beg, but whatever it will take for me to unite Umueri that's what I will do.



UMUERILAND TODAY : We reliably heard that you are a prominent leader in Nneyi,  how do you intend to use that quality astute if elected as the new PG?


Chief Chuma Nweke:  As you said  that am a prominent  leader, it show that leading Umueri  will not be a problem. My becoming  PG in Umueri  will be  of a great help, infact that was my main reason Nneyi Umueri stakeholders forum adopted me as their  sole candidate. You know we are three candidate's contesting  the PG  but am the only  candidate Nneyi Umueri single handedly presented to Umueri as their candidate,  the two other bought theit forms out of annoyance or reason best known to them but the fact is that I still remain the best candidate.




UMUERILAND TODAY: Before we go Sir, please can you let us know the relationship existing between you and other aspirants?



Chief Chuma Nweke: The other aspirant are my friend  infact they are my senior   But the most senior is  chief Patrick Ezinteji and second is Barr Eugene I was  his best man in his first  wedding and my close friend whom I usually stay in his house when I go to Abuja


UMUERILAND TODAY: What is your advice to Umueriland Today media team?

Chief Chuma Nweke: I will urge your team to keep up with the good work you guy's are doing it's a good innovation to the polity and dissemination of information to the good people of Umueri world wide.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Thanks You Sir.

Comments

  1. Thats good but i note that there's some ommissions and typographical errors.
    I did say not say i have been relating with out our royal father but i have been relating cordially with our royal father.
    Pls take note.
    This and other errors noted sir.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean i did not say without our royal father please but that i have been relating cordially with our royal father.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unknown Youths From Nsugbe Attacks Umueri Project

INVASION BY NSUGBE YOUTHS SECOND TIME

San Tribe