UMUERILAND TODAY Interview With Hon Patrick Ezinteje

UMUERILAND TODAY: Good day Sir, Please can you introduce yourself to our  reading public?

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: My name is Hon. Patrick Ezinteje, I am from Mmanoma Nneyi Umueri.

I was the former chairman of Nneyi community, a former supervisory counselor, a retired teacher, and currently the PRO 1 of this outgoing regime.

I have served in many capacity too numerous to mention for the want of time. Notably among them are;

Constitutional review committee representing Nneyi in 2015, Secretary;

Peace and reconcilation Committee under Late Henry Jideani headed by Chief Vincent Okoye;

Member, Peace and Reconcilation Committee under Chief Gabriel Anikpeh (Enyi Umueri) headed by Chief Simon Onwubor and also a member of the ill-fated implementation/disciplinary Committee among others.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Thanks your Honor. We have heard much about you and your exploit in Umueri leadership circle, could you please let us know your major interest in the fourth coming UGA election?

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: My major interest is to contest for the post of the President General of Umueri General Assembly, as we all know it's zoned to Ezi(Nneyi Umueri) and it's the turn of Mmanoma, as Ekpe and Akwuete has taken their shot in the time past.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Your Honor Can you tell us more about the Origin of this all Important  Institution(UGA) in Umueri.

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: The origin of UGA date's back to time immemorial when the Iru-Nano was piloting the affairs of Umueri Development Union that is today known as UGA, many has led this great Union, the likes of Chief Adili Aguegbo 'chairman', John Metchie, Bennett Nwabia, Sam Umeadi, Gabriel Anikpe, Basil Iwoba, Goddy Obidike, Hon Henry Jideani and the incumbent Hon Pius Okonkwo. This great men has led this great organization with tremendous success.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Your Honor, Most of our audience would like to know if you have the blessings of your quarter, in your quest to be the next President General of Umueri?

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: Laughs... I will say yes that I have the blessings of my quarter because am from Mmanoma and if things being equal, Nneyi would have had a consensus candidate by allowing Mmanoma to present it candidate, since the Barton falls on us to present the candidate now.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Our audience will like to know how you intend to run your administration if eventually you Trump at the poll?

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: By the special grace of God if I Trump at the poll I will discharge my duties with honesty and Faith
Will abide by the constitution of Umueri General Assembly, ensure an enviable teamwork Among the officers of the UGA
Will ensure accountability in the discharge of my duty, will be fair to all the component quarters of Umueri, will entrench a robust working relationship between the UGA executives and Igwe-In-council for the progress of Umueri, will overhaul the security service in Umueri in line with current realities,
To ensure adequate staffing of our schools and colleges with teachers,  To establish television viewing centers for the aged at village square across Umueri,
Will facilitate an aggressive but decent means of generating revenue, will work closely with the National Youth Forum, will encourage all branches of the UGA to prosper for the progress of Umueri, will maintain good relationship with our neighboring communities, To encourage a smooth transition from my administration to the next, Above all, to dedicate my administration to the care and guidance of the Almighty God,  To ensure all round reconciliation in UMUERI community, By having a harmonious working relationship with other arms of government and leadership of the different quarters in UMUERI namely; Ezi, Ikenga, Ivite and Otuocha
I will bring everybody on board and I shall be open to participatory government. I will welcome Ideas and streamline them towards achieving the desired goals.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Your Honor. How do you intend to relates with Umueri monarch if elected PG by Ndi Umueri come November 2nd?

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: I will have a good working relationship with the Igwe as he is the father of the community. Above all I will remind us that every community that it igwe and PG is not in good terms rarely progress during the durations and tenure of the PG as igwe stool is a life time something, my antecedent also tells lot about me as I work diligently in the past in all areas that I served, for example during my teaching day's and my time as counselor, I have learnt to work harmoniously with people, but that does not mean that am a weakling, it's when you are in good term with people that you can achieve success with them.

UMUERILAND TODAY: You have been accused of your nephews death, how true was that story?

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: Thank you very much for this question. Let me put it on record that the late Chizor (May his soul rest in Peace, Amen) is my nephew and my son.
His death was very regrettable and avoidable and the perpetrators of this heinous crime will never go unpunished.
However, you will recall that I was wrongly and wickedly accused of having a hand in his death, I was thereafter arrested and taken to court, but to God be the glory I was exonerated and granted bail.
Ever since then, I have been working silently to make sure that the truth is unraveled.
There must be justice for Chizor and untill his killers are apprehended and prosecuted I will not rest.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Another question is your involvement in the ill fated 30man committee?

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: Thank you for asking this question, firstly, I was requested by the two leadership arms of Umueri, namely the UGA and Igwe In-council to be part of a committee called *Implementation/disciplinary committee* and not 30man like you said.
As a true son of Umueri, I obliged

without wasting time because I love my community and ready to serve in any capacity.
The Committee had terms of reference which includes taking orders from UGA. They do not have powers of their own except the one assigned to them by UGA.
When it later became the subject of controversy, the government had to intervene.
It must be noted that this same committee was later adopted by government when the matter came before them.
There were little adjustment in the terms of reference including the need to change some of the people, but the idea of the committee was lofty and was accepted by all.

UMUERILAND: Thank You Sir, what is your advise to Umueriland Today media Team?

Hon Patrick Ezinteje: I must commend your effort in what you people are doing, I love it and encourage your media team to keep it up, it weren't like this four year's ago, what it means is that we are progressing.

UMUERILAND TODAY: Thanks your Honor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unknown Youths From Nsugbe Attacks Umueri Project

INVASION BY NSUGBE YOUTHS SECOND TIME

San Tribe